DotA 2: Defense of The Ancients 2
Release Date: TBA 2011
Also Known As: Defense of the Ancients 2 [unofficial title]
Exclusively on: PC
Dota 2 takes its name from the Warcraft III mod Defense of the Ancients, a drastic change to that stock real-time strategy title, which pits two teams of five players against each other in highly competitive, 40-minute or longer matches. Unlike most RTSes, DotA has each player controlling a single hero who levels up and stockpiles gold to purchase powerful equipment and consumables. As computer-controlled armies continually spawn and rush the enemy's base, players are responsible for using their powerful heroes to turn the tide of the battle in their favor.
- There is reconnect support for DotA 2
- You can still play with my friends from America even though you are European
- Can sophiticately handle delay and lag between players
- Make sure that people with older computers and the PCs at LAN centers will be able to support the game, while also allowing for newer computers to scale well.
- For leaver, you can have teammates use it, send it to the base, or give it AI modes and behaviors to follow.
- There is AI maps in DotA 2 or a “training mode” with difficulty levels
- Replay system allow you to move freely backwards and forwards in time rather than having to watch a whole replay
- Things like tutorials, matchmaking, AI bots, identity, coaching, and community contribution will go a long way to making it easier for new players to fit in
::. CLOSE BETA .::
NOTE : To play this close beta, you’ll need Dota 2 invitation to test. There is no crack yet; once available it will be updated here.